[R] Re siduals from a linear model

Manuel Ramon manugen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 10:23:20 CET 2008

I'm working with a linear model with four factors as explicatory variables,
being all of them significally (e.g. y ~ a + b + c + d). I thought that the
residuals of a linear model keep the variance not explained by the model, so
if I use my model with just three factors (y ~ a + b + c) and keep the
residuals is expected that in a new model with the residuals as dependent
variable and the four factor as independent (residuals ~ d) that factor (d)
will be significally. Is that truth or not?

-----
Manuel Ramón Fernández
Group of Reproductive Biology (GBR)
University of Castilla-La Mancha (Spain)
mramon at jccm.es