[R] igraph rglplot SVD-layout

Gábor Csárdi csardi.gabor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 15:58:47 CET 2008

Rainer,

here is a quick workaround:

layout.svd3 <- function (graph, d = shortest.paths(graph), ...)
{
  if (!is.igraph(graph)) {
    stop("Not a graph object")
  }
  l <- svd(d, 3)$u
  l[, 1] <- l[, 1]/dist(range(l[, 1]))
  l[, 2] <- l[, 2]/dist(range(l[, 2]))
  l[, 3] <- l[, 3]/dist(range(l[, 3]))
}

It might have problems if the graph has multiple components.....

Gabor

PS. I am quite surprised that this layout can be used for anything.....

Gabor Csardi <Gabor.Csardi at unil.ch>     UNIL DGM