[R] Gmane-interface

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Nov 17 00:57:49 CET 2008

On Nov 16, 2008, at 5:05 PM, Oliver Bandel wrote:

> Zitat von David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net>:
>

>> When I look at that page and choose the "all messages with excerpted
>> text" link, I get what appears reasonably up-to-date entries compared
>> to what I get in my mail subscription. Have you considered the
>> possibility that it is not Gmane which is "without update" but rather
>> your knowledge of how to correctly use your browser that needs
>> updating?
>
> I used the reload buttonm as well as CTRL-R to look for new data.
>
> I have here the latest date from 2007/09/10 at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/r-help@stat.math.ethz.ch/maillist.html
>
> When using the other archive, which was recommended to me, it was
> up-to-date (even if slow, because there was mentioned it needs up to
> 10
> minutes for an update).
>

>> Generally there is some keystroke or button combination
>> that forces a a browser reloading of a webpage.
> [...]
>
> But this does not help.

When I used the URL you offered to the Gmane website, both the RSS
feeds and the web interface links were as current as Gmane ever is.
Furthermore when I also look at the link entitled "Original list
archive", it too is also up-to-date. You seem to have managed to
choose the only link on the entire Gmane r.general  page that has an
out-of-date archive. It appears to be a link that is under the control
of neither Gmane nor R-help. What can I say?

Patient: Doctor,  it hurts when I hit my hand with a hammer.
Doctor: Then don't do that.

--
David Winsemius, MD