[R] Statistics forums

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Nov 16 06:48:19 CET 2008

There are three sci.stat.* newsgroups on the original USENET hierarchy
and at least one GoogleGroups location with activity. The Medstats
group has reputable people contributing. If you post a difficult
problem in integration or numerical analysis to sci.math or
sci.math.num-analysis you may get very credible responses.

One doc's opinion: The sci.stat.math groups has people of variable
quality (as with any open Internet forum). Some such as Marc Schwartz
and Frank Harrell who also post here, are extremely good, but some of
the other regular contributors may not be as sophisticated. Caveat
emptor. You can see all of these groups through a variety of news
clients. USENET groups are canonically read with newsreaders but are
also accessible through Google's interface. The Medstats group can
only be seen with Google's interface.

--
David Winsemius, MD
(not speaking in any way for my employer.)