[R] Quantile Regression fixed effects model

dimitris kapetanakis gamitor at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 20:20:16 CET 2008

Dear R users,

I am trying to estimate a fixed effect quantile regression for different
quantiles. As Dr. Koenker mention on his article (2004) the model should be
estimated simultaneously so it is going to have the same fixed effects for
all quantiles. The problem is that when I am using the following code R
estimates the model for each quantile separately so for every quantile there
is different fixed effects estimation. Can you help me to estimate the
quantile fixed effects simultaneously for different quantiles?

for(i in 1:7){
assign(qr.y.[i], rq(y~factor(year)+factor(state)+x+I(x^2)+I(x^3),
tau=quant[i], data=file))
}

Thank you in advance

Dimitris