[R] 3D trajectory plot?

Clint Bowman clint at ecy.wa.gov
Fri Nov 14 16:42:42 CET 2008

In reading this thread the thought popped into my head.  A smooth
representation of the trajectory defined by the data in Chris's message
from Wednesday is very similar to the guidance problem of a rocket.  I
believe that guidance engineers use Kalman filters to smooth out noisy
data to generate the control signals to keep the missile on course.  Would
an such an approach work here to produce a smooth estimate to the
trajectory described by the data?

Clint

Clint Bowman			INTERNET:	clint at ecy.wa.gov
Air Dispersion Modeler		INTERNET:	clint at math.utah.edu
Air Quality Program		VOICE:		(360) 407-6815
Department of Ecology		FAX:		(360) 407-7534

	USPS:  		PO Box 47600, Olympia, WA 98504-7600
	Parcels:	300 Desmond Drive, Lacey, WA 98503-1274