[R] how to plot a variable's histogram in the levels of a second variable

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Thu Nov 13 15:38:23 CET 2008

Argyro Antaraki <arantarak <at> yahoo.gr> writes:

> I am trying to create a clustered barplot for the following 2 variables
> who have more cases but as an example i am giving you 10 items:
>
> sex  socio-economic status
> 1     1
> 2     2
> 2     2
> 2     3
..
> where sex: 1:man, 2:woman
>     socio-economic status:1:Low, 2:Medium, 3:High, 4:Very High

Due to problems with your greek locale, it was difficult to read what you
want. I guess, something like the barchart examples on the bottom of
the xyplot page for lattice package might come close. Also check the
examples from Deepayan's lattice book.

http://lmdvr.r-forge.r-project.org/figures/figures.html

Dieter