[R] R User Group mailing list

John C Nash nashjc at uottawa.ca
Tue Nov 11 02:10:30 CET 2008

Here in Canada's capital we have set up the Ottawa-Gatineau R Users
Group (OGRUG) and are wondering how we can get a special interest group
(sig) mailing list established linked to the R-project site. We
understand that there may be other RUGs out there, so maybe such a list
should be something like R-rug-Ottawa, allowing for similar names for
other lists around the world. This could help to advertise that there
are users of R in different locations and bring folk into the community.
We don't anticipate a lot of traffic, but want to allow people to add
their names to receive announcements of meetings etc. We're looking at
about four events a year, with some announcements of sister activities
by local statistical or similar groups.

Essentially the query is "Who do I contact?" to set this up. We are, of
course, happy to offer to administer such a RUG list, and hopefully help
by being among the leading "rug-rats" with suggestions and documentation
on ideas that have worked in getting our group going.

Cheers,

John Nash