[R] plot.hclust with lots of objects

paul murima paul.murima at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 07:54:26 CET 2008

Dear all,

The default plotting method for hclust trees looks just fine for few
objects like in the example dataset. But when it comes to many
features (eg some 1000 and more - I'm trying to visualize clustered
microarray data) it renders a tree, that one cannot inspect, because
of overlapping text and lines. My question is, is there a way or a
plotting parameter for plotting a tree which is wide enough to have
all leaves separated and readable labels even for that many objects?
This would produce a very big image, so I think scrolling is
essential.

I believe the answer is simple, but I'm unable to figure it out.

Thanks in advance

--
BEST

Paul Murima