[R] For Loop - loading 10 sets of data and calculating

PDXRugger J_R_36 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 19:48:16 CET 2008

I am trying to simplify my code by adding a for loop that will load and
compute a sequence of code 10 time.  They way i run it now is that the same
8 lines of code are basically reproduced 10 times.  I would like to replace
the numeric value in the code (e.g. Bin1, Bin2....Bin10) each time the loop
goes around.  Below i tried doing this with a simple for loop and adding the
string character before each numeric value.  I need to first load the data
then calculate, im sure this is possible as i have seen it done but cant
seem to reproduce it in my own code.  Hope my question is clear and i hope
someone can offer some guidance.

Cheers,
JR

for (i in 1:10) {

#-------

#Loads bin data frame from csv files with acres and TAZ data
Bin$i_main <-
read.csv(file="I:/Research/Samba/urb_transport_modeling/LUSDR/Workspace/BizLandPrice/data/Bin_lookup_values/Bin$i_lookup.csv",head=FALSE);

#Separates Acres data from main data and converts acres to square feet
Bin$i_Acres=Bin$i_main[[1]]*43560

#Separates TAZ data from main data
Bin$i_TAZ=Bin$i_main[[2]]

#Separates TAZ data from main data and converts acres to square feet
Bin$i_TAZvacant=Bin$i_main[[3]]*43560

#Sums each parcel acreage data of the bin
Bin$iAcres_sum=sum(Bin$i_Acres)

#Creates data frame of cumlative percentages of each parcel of bin
Bin$i_cumper=cumsum(Bin$i_Acres/Bin$iAcres_sum)

#Calculates the probability of choosing particular parcel from bin
Bin$i_parprob=abs(1-Bin$i_cumper)

#Combines parcel acreage data and cumlative percentage data
Bin$iMain.data = cbind(Bin%i_Acres,Bin$i_parprob,Bin$i_TAZ,Bin$i_TAZvacant)
}