[R] Agent-based social simulation and R

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Fri Nov 7 14:10:50 CET 2008

Simone Gabbriellini wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I don't know if there are better ways, but this is the way I do:
>
> I use Python for building the AB model, and RPy as an interface to R for
> statistical analysis.
> One of the best package for SNA in R is igraph, which has a nice Python
> version.
> But if you prefere statnet (which is great too), you can simply handle
> it via RPy.
>
> I've learned this strategy from Pietro Terna -
> http://web.econ.unito.it/terna/

Thank you for useful information and suggestions.  I will certainly look
into what you mention.  I am at the moment looking at the igraph
package, which seems to have what I need, and includes visualization as
well.  As for Python, that is nice, but if I can do most of what I want
in R, I would prefer that.

Tom

| Tom Backer Johnsen, Psychometrics Unit,  Faculty of Psychology |
| University of Bergen, Christies gt. 12, N-5015 Bergen,  NORWAY |
| Tel : +47-5558-9185                        Fax : +47-5558-9879 |
| Email : backer at psych.uib.no    URL : http://www.galton.uib.no/ |