[R] RMySql inserts \r when using dbWriteTable

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 6 08:46:53 CET 2008

You will find this discussed in the list archives: most recently see the
thread starting

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2008-August/170562.html

Bottom line: the package maintainer needs to correct a bug in the package
code (and did not do so in the subsequent release 0.6-1), but meantime you
can correct the code as described in that thread.

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008, Albert Nigrin wrote:

> I am using R 2.8 and the latest versions of RMySQL on a Windows XP 64 bit
> machine.

Please be accurate, as the posting guide asks.  E.g. is this a '64 bit'
version of R you are running, what are the actual version numbers?