[R] Ottawa area R Users meeting

Paul Gilbert pgilbert at bank-banque-canada.ca
Wed Nov 5 16:51:14 CET 2008

There will be a meeting of the Ottawa Gatineau R Users Group on Monday
November 10 from 4pm to 6pm. More details are provided below. Please
pass this message along to friends you think may be interested.

Paul Gilbert
_________

Dear R friends:

To get OGRUG going again I've reserved room DMS 6160 in the Desmarais
Building of the University of Ottawa for 1600-1800 November 10. This is
the big curved building opposite National Defence HQ at 55 Laurier E.
The transitway stops are at the door or across the road. Parking exists
in the basement -- bring gold or at least a gold credit card if you
intend to drive!  6160 is on the 6th floor.

Paul Gilbert and I went to the Use R meeting in Dortmund and will give
an appreciation of what we learned at that meeting, which was very well
attended.

We will also try to gain a picture of the usage of R in Ottawa by
exchange of information, with the aim of making OGRUG a modest but
effective resource for R users in the region.

As an ongoing agenda item, may I suggest that we invite anyone with a
particular question, glitch, note or such about R to bring it up. For
items needing some "show" as well as "tell", please email me materials
and I'll try to arrange for presentation. As an example, I'll show a
2-line script that draws multi-page graphs (e.g., stock market trades by
the minute for last month over 10 by 2 sheets of paper).

Please share this with others who may be interested.

Cheers,

John Nash <nashjc at uottawa.ca>

La version française suit le texte anglais.