[R] Fill vector filed NAs data

Luca Mortarini l.mortarini at isac.cnr.it
Tue Nov 4 14:02:52 CET 2008

Good afternoon,
                             I am dealing with a 2d vector field on a
regular grid. The field has sparse NA values
(t near the domain borders and not isolated),
which I am trying to substitute with
interpolated values of the nearest point.
What I am looking for is to replace the
values with a weighted mean, where the
weights are function of the distance from the
regular values.
I wonder if R as an implemented function for this I have looked the zoo,
the akima and the fileds packages but I have not found it.
Thanks in advance,
                                   Luca

dr. Luca Mortarini               l.mortarini at isac.cnr.it
Istituto di Scienze dell’Atmosfera e del Clima – ISAC
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche – C.N.R.
&
Università del Piemonte Orientale
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Avanzate