[R] sampling from Laplace-Normal

Murray Jorgensen maj at stats.waikato.ac.nz
Mon Nov 3 21:11:56 CET 2008

Hi Armin,

Laplace-Normal random variables may be generated as the sum of a Normal
rv and the difference of two exponential rvs. See

Reed, W.J. and Jorgensen, M.A. (2004) The Double Pareto-Lognormal
distribution – A new parametric model for size distributions.
Communications in Statistics B: Theory and Methods, 33(8), 1733-1753.

Perhaps you can get around your problem using this representation or
alternatively reproduce the problem with one of the component rvs.

Cheers,

Murray Jorgensen

--
Dr Murray Jorgensen      http://www.stats.waikato.ac.nz/Staff/maj.html
Department of Statistics, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand