[R] descretizing xy data

Jon A jonny99 at u.washington.edu
Mon Nov 3 19:22:37 CET 2008

Hello,
I have a dataset with a continuous independent variable (fish length, range:
30-150 mm) and a binary response (foraging success, 0 or 1). I want to
discretize fish length into 5 mm bins and give the proportion of individuals
who successfully foraged in each each size bin. I have used the cut function
to discretize the length values into my desired bins, but I can't figure out
how to manipulate my response data in terms of the levels I've created. Any
advice on how to achieve my task?

Thanks in advance.