[R] Merging nested files

David Kaplan dkaplan at education.wisc.edu
Sun Nov 2 18:04:45 CET 2008

Greetings all,

I have three files that I would like to merge.  The first is a student
level file that contains the student ID, their school ID, and their
country ID.

The second is the school file that contains the school ID and country ID.

The third is the country file with a country ID.

I would like to merge the three together using the common country ID.
Of course, what this would mean is that school data be repeated for
every student in their school, and country data repeated for every
school and student in that country.

Any direction would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

David