[R] Loading data into a list of environments

Powell, Jeff Jeff.Powell at wur.nl
Sat May 31 22:44:01 CEST 2008

Dear All,

Thanks to an answer which I received from a previous post, I'm now able to create a series of
environments using the following:

  nmes <- c("en1", "en2", "en3")
  for(i in nmes) assign(i, new.env(parent = .GlobalEnv))

My next question is how, using "load", can I automatically place data into each of these
newly created environments.

The following, and variations thereof, does not work:

  nmes <- c("en1", "en2", "en3")
  for(i in nmes) load(file = "/home/testData/Data.RData", i)

I've tried, among other attempts, to use "as.environment(i)" without success.  My "i" is seen
as a character, but I want it to be seen as the environment which it represents.

Kind regards,
J.Powell

LEI
Visserij