[R] In fact this is a Stats question, but... "The return."

eesteves at ualg.pt eesteves at ualg.pt
Thu May 29 17:02:53 CEST 2008

*Thanks* all those who took the time to help me (even if the
"question" was not related to - the use of - R).

Now I think I can soundly make my point w/ the referee (can I use your
replies? If so I intend to properly cite its use?!?).

Regards, Eduardo Esteves

ps - Sorry for not explaining the "biological details" of my posting:
RNA/DNA is the ratio of RNA content to DNA content obtained for
individual fish larvae (plus for each one I noted if it had visible
prey items in the gut or not, thus the levels Prey and Empty of factor
Gut); and sl is the standard length (distance from the tip of snout to
the posterior extremity of the hypurals, the expanded bones at the end
of the backbone that support the caudal fin, in mm) of the specimens.
In the MS, I consider the relationship RNA/DNA to sl to be
biologically irrelevant (due to the very low r2) although
statistically significant. Furthermore, no effect of gut content upon
that relationship is significant (facilitating further analysis of
pooled data).