[R] Ubuntu rJava

threshold r.kozarski at gmail.com
Thu May 29 13:22:17 CEST 2008

Hi I am using ubuntu 8.04 and faced some problems when installing rJava. What
I did first was install.packages("rJava") but I could not proceed since:
"checking Java support in R... configure: error: absent
R was configured without Java support. Please run
R CMD javareconf
as root to add Java support to R."

afterwards I took Alt+F2 and typed: gksudo R CMD javareconf

..however I was not able to install rJava on my comp. will be very gratefull
for any suffestions.

In general I want to make package gWidgets working

best, robert