[R] akima interpolation and triangulation question

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 29 10:34:13 CEST 2008

You have repeated (u,v) values in your data frame.  It is not possible to
interpolate such data, and I get an error from 'interp' (not NAs).

*** SDTRAN Error 2: The first three data points are collinear.

There is no problem with interpolating from a regular grid, but be aware
that the triangulation-based methods are not isotropic in such a case (as
the triangulation is not unique).

R-sig-geo would be a more appropriate list for such questions.