[R] can I do this with R?

Smita Pakhale spakhale at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 16:32:19 CEST 2008

Hi Maria,

But why do you want to use forwards or backwards
methods? These all are 'backward' methods of modeling.
Try using AIC or BIC. BIC is much better than AIC.
And, you do not have to believe me or any one else on
this.

Just make a small data set with a few variables with
known relationship amongst them. With this simulated
data set, use all your modeling methods: backwards,
forwards, AIC, BIC etc and then see which one gives
you a answer closest to the truth. The beauty of using
a simulated dataset is that, you 'know' the truth, as
you are the 'creater' of it!

smita

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2003-December/043645.html