[R] extracting information from lmer objects

epigone26 epigone26 at googlemail.com
Wed May 28 13:18:56 CEST 2008

Hi,

I wish to extract a subset of the information of given by
summary(lmer.object) as a dataframe. In particular, I wish to extract
just a table listing the Estimate, Std Error, and t-values rounded to
3 decimal places. I have learned how to extract the coefficients with
"round(fixef(lmer.object),3)" and the standard errors with
"round(sqrt(diag(vcov(a.lmer))),3)"
but I do not know how to extract the t-values; the extractor methods
do not seem to help in this regard. I inspected the structure of the
summary with "str(summary(lmer.object))" but unfortunately I am new to
R and didn't find this very enlightening. Here is an example of the
dataframe I would like to produce:

Factor                Estimate         Std. Err           t
FixedFac1               0.091            0.140     0.651
FixedFac2               0.054            0.012     4.461
FixedFac3              -0.078            0.021    -3.664

Cheers,

Barry.