[R] perform statistics on an Excel workbook and modify it

Werner Wernersen pensterfuzzer at yahoo.de
Tue May 27 10:13:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have an Excel (2000 / 2003) workbook with multiple
sheets on which I would like to perform several
statistical operations. Since I have written most of
the necessary code in R earlier I would like to do
this in R. Now, I am wondering what is the best method
to programmatically load different cell ranges from
the work sheets as data frames into R and then write
several cell ranges back to the Excel workbook?

I suppose that there are different ways to do this in
R but I think it is not that quick to get into each of
those methods and thus would appreciate a
recommendation on which one is the most promising for
such a task.

Thanks a million for your help,
  Werner