[R] Boxplot width

Antje niederlein-rstat at yahoo.de
Mon May 26 08:58:22 CEST 2008

Hi Bert,

this is the code I already wrote in my first mail:

d1 <- rnorm(100)
d2 <- rnorm(150)

l <- list(d1,d2)
boxplot(l, at=c(length(d1), length(d2)), xlim=c(0,200) )

Just execute it an see how the boxplots look like.

I simply don't know how to change the width.

Compare with:
boxplot(l, at=c(length(d1), length(d2)), xlim=c(0,200), width=c(2.0,2.0) )

or

boxplot(l, at=c(length(d1), length(d2)), xlim=c(0,200), width=c(50,50) )

nothing changes. So I'm doing something wrong...

(Jorges answer in no solution at all to this problem... or I miss something
very important...)

Antje