[R] Solving 100th order equation

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Sat May 24 14:02:53 CEST 2008

Shubba,
It is hard to imagine why you would want to solve a 100th order
equation. You might want to make absolutely certain that you are
thinking about the correct problem. What are you trying to do? To do
what you want you will need a very large dataset. Perhaps you need to
fit some time of smoothing function (e.g. smoothing spline) to your
data.
John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

>>> "Shubha Vishwanath Karanth" <shubhak at ambaresearch.com> 5/24/2008
7:52 AM >>>
To apply uniroot I don't even know the interval values... Does
numerical methods help me? Or any other method?

Thanks and Regards,
Shubha