[R] Line Breaks and Axis breaks..

Megan J Bellamy bellammj at gov.ns.ca
Fri May 23 16:55:52 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I have two questions. One probably has a very simple answer but I have checked the FAQ, other websites and still have not found an  answer. I am new to using R. My very simple question is how to do line breaks when creating an axis title (xlab) ? I have a few that are too long and they get cut off... I found on the internet the "/n" function but I think I must be using it incorrectly because it is not working.

My second question is: after inserting an axis break using the following code, how to I adjust the scales on either side of that axis break? This is for a boxplot graph. See attachment... there is an outlier under CLI 5 that can't be seen as a result.

>install.packages("plotrix")
axis.break(axis=1, breakpos=NULL, bgcol="white", breakcol="black", style="gap", brw=0.02)

Thank you very much in advance!
Megan Bellamy