[R] Search a string and modify it in a .txt file

Romain b.romain36 at voila.fr
Wed May 21 13:05:16 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I use R and I would like to be able to modify a file .txt "init_file" like this one :

# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #
# Parameters A
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #
# Parameter 1
PA1 = 15

# Parameter 2
PA2 = 3

# Parameter 3
PA3 = 2

# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #

# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #
# Parameters B
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #

# Parameter 1
PB1 = 6

I have in a first time stocked the values I want to attribute to each parameter and so I would like to create several config files like the first one but with different values for each parameter. I have an array like this one

              PA1      PA2       PA3     PB1     ....
j=1           12        2         1        5
j=2           10        3         2        4
j=3           11        4         3        6

To create each file I use :

for (j in 1:Nb_config_file)
	{
		file.copy("fichier_init",paste("Config_file",j,sep=""))
         }

How can I do to search in each config file j created to modify the values of the parameters according to the j-th row of the array?
I thought about looking for the lines "'Parameter' = Value" and modify this line in "'Parameter' = New_value" but I don't find any function to know the location of each string in my config_file...

I could also use such a function to modify the format of the date to replace the ":" by something which can be used in a Directory/file name.

Thanks you for your time and for your future help =)

Cheers

Romain