[R] Finding functions

Felipe Carrillo mazatlanmexico at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 22:21:08 CEST 2008

Hi All:
Can anyone give me a hint about how to find functions
built in in R. based on the articule below it should
be something called DIYhelp but I can't find it.
Thanks

Part of the Kickstarting R package is a little text
searching facility called DIYHelp. The program is
based upon a simple, brute-force search of the
directory tree from the point that you specify. The
concept is that you often know approximately where the
information you want to know is, but not exactly which
file.

By unpacking the diyhelp.tar.gz file in a suitable
place (often /usr/local) and following the
instructions in the INSTALL file, you can see if the
program helps you to find functions in R.

 Felipe D. Carrillo
  Fishery Biologist
  Department of the Interior
  US Fish & Wildlife Service