[R] R for loop question

Erik Iverson iverson at biostat.wisc.edu
Tue May 20 19:25:14 CEST 2008

Douglas -

To answer your question directly, use perhaps combination of ?assign and
?paste.

In general, you usually do not have to do this sort of thing, but can
use one of the apply family of functions (apply, sapply, lapply, mapply)
to do whatever you want with shorter, cleaner code and fewer objects
polluting your workspace.  Since I do not know the structure of your
data, I cannot really help any further at this point.

Best,
Erik Iverson