[R] plot a function with a vector as argument

chaij azraelchai at hotmail.com
Sun May 18 05:54:31 CEST 2008

I tried to define a function using another function I defined before, and the
previous function has a vector as an argument, when I tried to get the graph
of the new function, there was something going wrong. Here is a simple
example to explain how it happend:

 fr1 <- function(x,y){
 x^2+x*y+1
 }

 fr2 <- function(x){
 fr1(x,3)
 }

 plot(fr2)

In this case, it worked just fine. But when I changed it to the following
form:
Fr1 <- function(x){
 x1 <- x[1]
 x2 <- x[2]
 x1^2+x1*x2+1
 }

 Fr2 <- function(x){
 Fr1(c(x,3))
 }

 plot(Fr2)
it gives:
Error in xy.coords(x, y, xlabel, ylabel, log) :
  'x' and 'y' lengths differ

Could anyone help me with this problem? Thanks.