[R] R package building

Doran, Harold HDoran at air.org
Fri May 16 20:20:17 CEST 2008

Wow, this is going open a can :) OK, my comments below in no way
discount the enormous efforts of R core, but it is my experience.

Using Windows, the biggest obstacles are collecting all programs needed
to build the package and then structuring your OS path exactly (exactly)
as D. Murdoch says it needs to be.

As it turns out, once you collect these programs and fix your path, the
package build is actually quite simple.

Second, I found building a vignette impossible, so I just drop in the
pdf file for distribution. I followed exact directions from the R News
article teaching how to do this and made sure everything was set up
correctly. After no success, I posted to R-Help where many told me
everything seemed to be set up properly, but still no success.