[R] Lattice box percentile plot

Yasir Kaheil kaheil at gmail.com
Fri May 16 16:31:53 CEST 2008

it's a good question.. my guess is using "panel.bpplot" prevents filling in
the shape "the coffins"- since the box is now two mirrored graphs. i hope
i'm wrong.

trellis.par.get()
br = trellis.par.get("box.rectangle")
br$col = "black"
br$fill = "lightblue"  #this is the parameter that fills in the box, but it
doesn't work with panel.bpplot
trellis.par.set("box.rectangle", br)
bwplot(B~A,probs=seq(.01,.49,by=.01))

thanks

Mr Derik wrote:

> Dear Nabble.
>
> I am trying to draw a box percentile plot with trellis using the panel in
> Hmisc. I really want to colour the plots in. I can alter several of
> features of the plot by changing the trellis par settings but I just can’t
> fill the shape in.
>
> Here is some example code which alters line colour and dot symbol:
>
> require(lattice)
> require(Hmisc)
> A<-c(rnorm(100,50,2),rnorm(100,60,5),rnorm(100,55,7))
> B<-rep(c(1,2,3),each=100)
>
> trellis.par.set(list(box.rectangle=list(col="black")))
> trellis.par.set(list(box.umbrella=list(col="black")))
> trellis.par.set(list(box.dot=list(pch=3,col="red")))
>
> bwplot(B~A,panel=panel.bpplot, probs=seq(.01,.49,by=.01))
>
> I’d really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to change the fill
> colour as well as it is driving me mad.
>
> Chears.

-----
Yasir H. Kaheil