[R] strip white in character strings

Roland Rau roland.rproject at gmail.com
Wed May 14 19:15:05 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I would like to say thanks for the help of Mark Leeds (off-list),
Jeremiah Rounds (off-list), and Jim Holtman.

I will use the solution Mark and Jim provided using the gsub function.
A bit embarrassing for me that I did not remember the function since I
used it myself awhile ago.

I am still impressed with the R community: three good answers in less
than one hour.
What is the average time for support staff of proprietary (statistical)
software providers to respond to user questions (and how much does it cost)?

Thanks again,
Roland