[R] what kind of residuals are the ones calculated in coxph?

Roland Rau roland.rproject at gmail.com
Tue May 13 16:24:46 CEST 2008

Hi Karen,

those are martingale residuals.

You don't have to be a Guru to find it out.
Did you check
?coxph
Under values it tells you
"an object of class "coxph". See coxph.object for details."
So you can ask for help for coxph.object
?coxph.object

and then you will see among the components:
residuals
the martingale residuals.

I hope this helps,
Roland