[R] Bubble plot pie chart map

Davidson, D. deborah.davidson at abdn.ac.uk
Tue May 13 14:08:57 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am currently trying to show the abundance of two species of
zooplankton within the North Sea as pie chart bubble plots. I followed
Werner Wernersen's advice in R help
(http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/48644.html) and used
Paul Murrell's paper "Integrating Grid Graphics Output with Base
Graphics Output" (in R News) to try and do this (using the gridBase
package). It generally works well, except for when I try and put in the
map of the coastline and the points with no zooplankton present (0
values of both plankton species). The following error comes up:

"Error in gridPLT() : Figure region too small and/or viewport too large"

and other errors along those lines. Can anyone suggest either what I'm
doing wrong, or some other way to plot this?

Many thanks

Deborah

Deborah Davidson
PhD student