[R] Permutations

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Tue May 13 10:15:49 CEST 2008

Dear Elke,

I think you need something like this. It's only for 3 variables, but I
think you know how to expand it for more variables.

mat <- expand.grid(a = 0:4, b = 0:4, c = 0:4)
write.table(mat, file="C:/Documents and Settings/My
Documents/permutations.txt",sep=";",col.names=FALSE, row.names=FALSE)

HTH,

Thierry

----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to
say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of
data.
~ John Tukey