[R] Plotting points on line graphs using xYplot in Hmisc

John Poulsen jpoulsen at ufl.edu
Fri May 9 19:40:49 CEST 2008

Hello Deepayan,

Please ignore my last e-mail and question.  The information was
easily found in ?panel.segments.

Thanks,
John

On 5/5/08, John Poulsen <jpoulsen at ufl.edu> wrote:

> >  Hello,
> >
> >  I am using xYplot to plot lines with confidence bands (see
> test example
> > below).  I would like to add a single point with confidence
> bars to each
> > graph (coordinates of the points below: px, py, pxlow, etc...).
>  I tried
> > playing with panel=panel.superpose, but failed to get it to
> work.  Any ideas
> > on how to add these points to the graphs?

If you want to add the same lines/points in all panels, you could
write a not-too-complicated custom panel function; e.g.,

with(dat,
     xYplot(Cbind(ycomb, y.up, y.low)~x1|factor(grp),
            data=dat,type="l",
            method="filled bands",
            col.fill="light grey",
            subscripts = TRUE,
            panel = function(...) {
                panel.xYplot(...)
                panel.segments(pxlow, pylow, pxhi, pyhi)
            },
            scales=
            list(y=list(relation="free"),
                 x=list(alternating=c(1,1,1))),