[R] cpower and censoring

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Thu May 8 11:36:11 CEST 2008

I would like to do some power estimations for a log-rank two sample test
and cpower seems to fit the bill.  I am getting confused though by the
man page and what the arguments actually mean. I am also not sure
whether cpower takes into account censoring or not.

Could anyone provide a simple example of how I would get the power for a
set control/non-control clinical trial where censoring occurs at an
estimated rate with an estimated drop out rate.

Quite confused about this.

Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.

Institute of Cancer Research
Molecular Carcinogenesis
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the a...{{dropped:2}}