[R] Replicating Rows

mwittmann at bren.ucsb.edu mwittmann at bren.ucsb.edu
Thu May 8 05:41:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

 I have a data matrix in which there are 1000 rows by 30 columns. The first
column of each row is a numeric indicating the number of trips taken to a
particular location with location attributes in the following column entries for
that row.

I want to repeat each row based on the number of trips taken (as indicated by
the number in the first column)...i.e., if 1,1 indicates 4 trips, I want to
replicate row 1 four times, and do this for each entry of column 1.

I have played with rep command with little luck. Can anyone help? This is
probably very simple.

Thank you,

mw

Marion Wittmann, Ph.D. candidate