[R] rggobi is crashing R-2.7.0

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 20:12:34 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Mark Kimpel <mwkimpel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running 64-bit Ubuntu 8.04 and when I invoke rggobi the interactive
>  graph displays but R crashes. See my sessionInfo() and a short example
>  below. Ggobi and rggobi installed without complaints. Mark
>
>  > sessionInfo()
>  R version 2.7.0 Patched (2008-05-04 r45620)
>  x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

In the R 2.7 release notes, there is a comment about a change in the
GUI libraries and it says that one must recompile everything that
relies on R.  If your R 2.7 was an upgrade, not a fresh install, it
could explain why this is happening.  If there's some old library or R
package sitting around, it could account for this.

The part that concerned me about the R release note is that they don't
give a very clear guide on how far back in the toolchain we are
supposed to go.  Certainly, ggobi has to be rebuilt from scratch.  But
are any of the things on which ggobi depends needing recompliation as
well.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson