[R] unable to use functions require DLL from package "base"

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 6 23:25:17 CEST 2008

I suspect you have more than one version of R installed and are mixing
them up.  Those symbols have been in package stats for quite a while.

Try starting R with --vanilla, and if that works, clean out your startup
files (see ?Startup).  If not, remove all your R installations and
reinstall R 2.7.0 (or R-patched).