[R] Announcement: support of littler, rkward and rpy on Debian/Ubuntu

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Tue May 6 17:54:19 CEST 2008

Dear useRs,

This is to announce that the maintainers of the various distributions
have decided to provide "experimental" up-to-date versions of the
following R related packages on Debian stable and Ubuntu (i386 and
amd64 architectures):

	littler
	rkward
	python-rpy    (not on Ubuntu Dapper)
	python-rpy-doc (not on Ubuntu Dapper)

By "experimental" we mostly mean that support for these packages may
remain somewhat of a moving target for some time. The maintainers are
not necessarily users of these packages themselves, so positive and
negative feedback through the usual channels (see below) would be
appreciated.

See the Debian and Ubuntu README files on CRAN for more details:

	http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian/
	http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/

This message is CCd to r-help to reach as wide an audience as
possible, but we remind that the best place to report problems with
these packages or to ask R questions specific to Debian and Ubuntu is
the R-SIG-Debian mailing list. See