[R] bwplot

Yasir Kaheil kaheil at gmail.com
Mon May 5 18:42:27 CEST 2008

Hi Cedric,
to change the names of different boxes, you could use levels on the
dataframe factor variable you're plotting- see this example:
library('lattice');
bwplot(voice.part ~ height, data=singer, xlab="Height (inches)")
singer.m<-singer
levels(singer.m$voice.part)<- c("a","f","g","j","k","o","y","t")
bwplot(voice.part ~ height, data=singer.m, xlab="Height (inches)")

I don't know how to change the order but I'm sure there is a way :)

hope that helps

c2dric wrote:

> Hi,
> I have 2 questions about bwplot in R :
> 1) How to change the order of my different boxes in the graph ?
> 2) How to rename the names of the differents boxes ? because I know
> how to do that with boxplot (using names) but I do not find the
> equivalent parameter in bwplot.
>
> thanks,
>
> Cédric

-----