[R] Making a map in R?

Kingsford Jones kingsfordjones at gmail.com
Thu May 1 17:21:56 CEST 2008

There are many ways to do this, depending on what type of spatial data
you are working with and what you want your maps to look like.  The sp
package provides S4 classes and methods for working with GIS data. Two
likely candidates for importing data are the rgdal and maptools
packages.  See the Spatial Task View:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rgdal/index.html

Also, there is a r-sig for spatial data:

Kingsford Jones