[R] resolution (dpi) problem

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu May 1 15:08:01 CEST 2008

(Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk> wrote in
news:XFMail.080429135601.Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk:

> Certainly for Windows users, the suggested change could be
> wise, since Windows (for reasons best known to someone who
> should have known better) conceals the extension from the
> user, unless the user submits to cruel and unusual requirements
> such as (a) right-clicking on the file icon; (b) clicking
> on "Properties"!

That is the default WinXP behavior, but one can change it globally to
display extensions. It is one of my first priorities with a new install.
Within Windows Explorer choose Folder Options/View tab/<uncheck>"Hide
extensions of known filetypes" and my preference is to <check> "Show
hidden files and folders". Then click the "Apply to All Folders" button
at the top of the View tab.

--
David Winsemius