[R] Installing Packages in Windows Vista -- YES I tried Run as Administrator

Scotty Nelson poorboy44 at hotmail.com
Thu May 1 09:26:37 CEST 2008

I'm having trouble installing packages in Windows Vista.  It's driving me
nuts.
I read all the threads and I have tried the following:

1) Right click on R and Run as Administrator
2) Turn off User Account Control
3) Toss machine across room (OK haven't tried this one yet, but I'm close)

Here is the R error messages I am getting

--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
trying URL
'http://cran.stat.ucla.edu/bin/windows/contrib/2.6/boot_1.2-32.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 777751 bytes (759 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 32 Kb

Error in gzfile(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb") :
  downloaded length 33219 != reported length 777751
2: In zip.unpack(pkg, tmpDir) : error 1 in extracting from zip file
3: In gzfile(file, "r") :
  cannot open compressed file 'boot/DESCRIPTION', probable reason 'No such
file or directory'

Can anybody help?  My presentation is in 14 hours and right now I'm thin on
results.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

-- Scotty