[R] Generating maps in R

Aleksandr Andreev aleksandr.andreev at duke.edu
Mon Mar 31 01:32:48 CEST 2008

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no writes:

> Merge using:
> FS1 <- spCbind(FS, agg2)

This call fails, because:
Error in spCbind(FS, agg2) : different numbers of rows

The reason is because I have data in a001ter for 79 Federal Subjects,
but russia.shp contains 193 labeled objects (93 Federal Subjects plus
100 Arctic Ocean Islands and other things). Is there a way I can merge
without an equal number of rows, labeling the data for the Arctic
islands as missing?

Thanks,

Aleks Andreev
Duke University