[R] tests Rin Rout

Christophe Genolini cgenolin at u-paris10.fr
Sun Mar 30 16:44:27 CEST 2008

Hi the list,

Some rumour (!) say that is it possible to prepare some tests for
checking our code using .Rin and .Rout. It seems to be a very good
practice, but I did not manage to find information on it.
So does someone know how it works ? What are we suppose to write in Rin ?

More precisely :
 - I have a package myPack.r in directories ~/myR/myPack/R/
 - I create the directory ~/myR/myPack/tests

myPack.r is :

`f1` <- function(x){cat("\nXXX F1 = ",x,"XXX\n")}
`f2` <- function(x){cat("\nXXX F2 = ",f1(x^2),"XXX\n")}

What am I suppose to do to test it? Create myPack.Rin, but what in it?

Thanks for your help.

Christophe