[R] installing a new package

zmontaze at uottawa.ca zmontaze at uottawa.ca
Fri Mar 28 19:52:50 CET 2008

Dear all,
I have prepared a new package to install in R, I tried to check my package
and I got the following message
232sub141:~ zahra$ R CMD check /Users/zahra/Desktop/HighProbability
* checking for working latex ... OK
* using log directory '/Users/zahra/HighProbability.Rcheck'
* using R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)
* checking for file 'HighProbability/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'HighProbability' version '1.0-3'
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking whether package 'HighProbability' can be installed ... OK
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking top-level files ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking R files for non-ASCII characters ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded ... ERROR
Error in library(HighProbability) :
  'HighProbability' is not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0?
Execution halted

It looks like this package has a loading problem: see the messages for
details.

I don't know what the "Error in library(package name)" means and how can I
solve it. I work with Mac.
I'll appreciate it if you could help me.
All the best,
Zahra